Student Commencement Speaker
The Wentworth Commencement Speaker is selected to deliver the student address at graduation.
Wentworth Bowl Nominee
The Wentworth Bowl is presented annually to a graduating senior in excellent academic standing in honor of their consistent involvement and contributions to the Wentworth community. This award is the highest honor a student may receive in recognition of outstanding, overall participation in Wentworth activities.
First Place – Daniel W. Mead Paper Competition New England
This competition provides an opportunity for alert young civil engineers to further their professional development and gain national attention. The 2019 topic was: “In 2017, ASCE Canon 8. What value does this Canon add to the civil engineering profession and student chapters?”
Read Amanda’s paper submission here.
Summer 2020 – Fall 2016
Full-time day undergraduate degree program students who achieve a semester grade point average of 3.50 or better, with all grades at least “C” (2.0), are recognized for their scholastic achievement by placement on the Dean’s List.
Girl Scouts Gold Award
Gold Award Girl Scouts are the dreamers and the doers who “make the world a better place.” The Girl Scout Gold Award is truly remarkable proof that not only can she make a difference, but that she already has. Seniors and Ambassadors who earn the Gold Award tackle issues that are dear to them and drive lasting change in their communities and beyond.
John P. Heinstadt Professional Development Grant
The John P. Heinstadt Professional Development Grant Fund for Students gives Wentworth students the ability to take advantage of career, leadership, social justice, and community development opportunities.
Dean’s Fellowship – University of Maryland
August 2021 – August 2020
The Graduate School’s Dean’s Fellowships are offered by graduate programs in order to create greater flexibility in creating overall support packages for students. Graduate School Dean’s Fellowships may be used as recruitment tools for prospective students or as awards for currently enrolled students.
Scholarship – Solid Waste Association of North America Southern New England
July 2021, July 2020, July 2019
In order to prepare the next generation for the environmentally and economically sound practice of solid waste, SWANA has developed several programs for students studying in fields related to solid waste management. Applicants for the Grant H. Flint Scholarship must be enrolled full time in university, of junior or senior standing, and pursuing a degree in engineering.
Merit Undergraduate Scholarship – Wentworth Institute of Technology
Summer 2020 – Fall 2016
This scholarship is available to students who maintain a 2.5 institutional cumulative GPA as determined by the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
Kathleen Moriarty President’s Scholarship – National Association of Women in Construction Boston
June 2019, June 2017
The National Association of Women in Construction believes that it is their responsibility to enhance the success of women in the construction industry, to educate and to expose young people to exciting careers in construction. Applicants must be enrolled in a degree related to construction or engineering to be eligible.
Commodore Builders’ Scholarship – Wentworth Endowment Fund
Awarded to students with demonstrated financial need, who are female, or members of a minority group that is typically underrepresented in STEM fields, who are majoring in Construction Management or Civil Engineering. Students who receive this scholarship may be given the opportunity to participate in a co-op at Commodore Builders, in the Waltham, MA office.
Bacheller Family Fund Scholarship – Wentworth Endowment Fund
Scholarship to provide financial assistance to needy students.
Engineering Graduate Student Society
Executive Board Member & Department Representative
- Plan social and educational events to foster community among graduate students of different engineering disciplines
- Campaign for the interests of Materials Science & Engineering students by meeting with engineering administration to voice collective concerns, ideas, and goals
Materials Science Graduate Society
- Mentor first year Ph.D. students to promote the importance of personal and professional development
Graduate Women in Engineering
- Participate in events that foster and support the successes of women during their graduate studies
Civil Engineering Honor Society
- Ran monthly meetings with 10 member group to discuss future growth, department support, and events
- Worked with vice president and club advisors to update petition for national accreditation visit from Chi Epsilon
- Among top 1/3 of civil engineering class selected on the principles of scholarship, character, practicality, and sociability
Student Alumni Society
Director of Events & Engagement
- Planned and executed events leading 60+ members to engage current and future alumni through campus-wide partnerships
- Collaborated with Board of Directors to grow membership and enhance networking opportunities for students
- Event topics: Networking, Graduate School, Fitness
Graduate school panel featuring current and future alumni
Phi Sigma Pi National Honors Fraternity
- Maintained and upheld meetings according to Robert’s Rules of Order
- Tracked the attendance of Epsilon Kappa Chapter consisting of 70 members
- Educated Chapter on anti-hazing, stress management, and organization values
Office of Housing & Residential Life
Senior Resident Assistant
- Advised, oversaw and developed a staff of 11 resident assistants
- Organized the operations of building-wide programs that fostered a community of 575 students across 2 residence halls
- Enhanced communication, organization, and decision-making skills
- Developed an inclusive community among a floor of 60 students by cultivating personal relationships with residents
- Executed creative and engaging programming such as door decorations and bulletin boards
- Conducted weekly duty rounds in residence halls to ensure security
Center for Academic Excellence
- Provide academic support for students for courses throughout 6 different departments
American Society of Civil Engineers
Concrete Canoe Co-Captain
- Led mix development and design for 30+ person concrete canoe team
- Placed second in oral presentation at New England Concrete Canoe Student Conference in 2018
- Presented original design report, tabletop display, and presentation at ASCE Student Regional (New England) and National (San Diego) Conference in 2018
- Organized professor guest speaker lectures and company lab tours
Student Wellness Education & Empowerment Team
- Educated student body about health and wellness topics through interactive programming
- Program topics: Cooking, Dating, Nicotine, Body Image, Anxiety, Mood Disorders
Wentworth Opening Week
- Led 25 incoming students through 12+ hour days during their transition to college
- Developed an understanding of personal connections & group engagement
Wentworth Opening Week group picture
Girl Scouts of America
- Active Girl Scout for over 13 years
- Achieved the highest award in Girl Scouting, the Gold Award, earned by only 6% of total scouts
- Created a middle school science fair to encourage STEM learning, documenting over 135 hours through leadership, document planning, fundraising, and website building